Out-of-state riders need ND trail pass

Since the registration of your snowmobile is an important part of the funding for snowmobile trails, all sleds on the state trail system must be licensed in your home state.

North Dakota welcomes out-of-state and out-of-country snowmobile riders.  Those from out-of-state coming to enjoy the state snowmobile trails must purchase an out-of-state snowmobile pass for $15.  For more information on the out-of-state snowmobile pass and snowmobile safety program contact the North Dakota Parks & Recreation Department at 701-328-5357. Out of state permits also may be ordered on line by clicking here.   

All sleds traveling on the state trail system must also carry liability insurance.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: