Sign pickup scheduled for Sunday, April 28th!
Plan to meet at Hagge’s in Mapleton at 7am. Toby, and the guys from the north loop have completed sign pickup, so we only have the south loop left!. Even if you cannot make it right away in the morning, we would love to have you join up anytime you are available! We should be able to make short work of it if we get some numbers!
- Club meeting was held April 9th at Hagge’s in Mapleton. 18 members present.
- There was more talk of finding permanent club sign storage.Plans have shifted some from last months meeting. Rob, who owns Argusville storage, offered to house a Conex storage container(10×30 or 10×40) on his Argusville property. He also offered to donate half of a container if the club picked up the tab for the other portion. Going forward that sounded like a very strong option. For the time being, the trailer of signs for the north loop will be stored at Brent Haugens, and the trailer for the south loop will be stored at Tim Tigges’.
- Groomer Class. was again discussed that we need more operators and talking with Todd to possibly scheduling a summer class. There were half dozen members that showed interest.
- Trail Sign pickup. was originally scheduled for Easter weekend. with all the flooding, it was moved back a week until Sunday, April 28th.
- it was decided to purchase a couple $100 gift cards for members of the Red River club, that we share the groomer with, for their efforts in groomer maintenance.
- Election of 2019/2020 club officers (listed below)
- 2019/2020 club membership/sponsor drive/trail map. The club grew to 51 paid memberships for the 2018/2019 season. It was suggested to try double that amount for 2019/2020, which would make us the largest club in the state! We will also be out in the early fall promoting the club and working on re-engaging past sponsors. once we get those lined up we will work on putting out a new trail map.
2019/2020 Rural Cass Club officers
Spencer Symington – Club President
Michael Geisen – Vice President
Zach Bohn – Secretary/Treasurer
Tim Tigges – South Loop Trail Coordinator
Toby Bryson/Spencer Symington – North loop Coordinator
Jeff Kolnes – Communications Director.
Brent Haugen – Past President
we would like to thank the past directors of this club for ALL their combined efforts over the years.
Brent Haugen, Troy & Sheila Klevgard, and
Jeff & Joanne Seifert to name a few.
Just a note that adjustments have been made to the northern loop of the Rural Cass Snowmobile Club’s trail. Be sure to check out the latest map before you head out for a ride on the trail. And, check out our grooming reports posted frequently.
All Rural Cass Snowmobile Club members are encouraged to meet at 8:30 AM on Saturday, Nov. 21 at Gordy’s in Mapleton to help with snowmobile trail signing. The goal is to get about 35-40 miles done on Saturday.
NDSU Farmhouse Fraternity also will be helping with the signing. Help is needed in both signing and in driving. If you can help, be sure to meet on Saturday morning.
Snowmobile North Dakota has provided an interactive map that will help you locate the various snowmobile trails within North Dakota.
North Dakota has 14 state snowmobile trails, totaling just over 2800 miles, that are maintained by members of Snowmobile North Dakota. Trails are open to snowmobiling enthusiasts from December 1 through April 1, providing that the trail has a minimum of four inches of packed snow.
Mark your calendars now for the annual North Dakota State Snowmobile Ride. The ride will be Saturday, Feb. 16, 2013, in Fordville. It will be hosted by RidgeRunners Snowmobile Club.
Rural Cass Snowmobile Club will continue signing the trail this weekend, starting Friday, Nov 23, continuing Saturday and Sunday, as needed. Any help would be appreciated.
You can help pound the sign stakes into the ground, but it’s a help even if you volunteer to drive the pickup/trailer with the signs.
Please call Troy Klevgard at 701-318-6592 to coordinate any time you can volunteer. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Rural Cass Snowmobile club will be signing the south loop of the trail system Saturday morning, Nov. 17. Volunteers are needed to complete the signing to meet Snowmobile North Dakota deadlines and prior to any grooming of trails. Please contact Greg Strommen at 701 212-7002.