Do you subscribe? We are listed! The only club in ND!
Monthly Archives: January 2022
Welcome to 2022! Lots of club events happening in the next month. We are holding our monthly meeting Tuesday, Jan. 11th. 7pm at the Casselton Vets Club. We have a couple big events coming up that will be discussed.
- Family Fun ride is planned for next Sunday to the warming shack! Sunday, Jan. 16th. extended forecast shows temps in the mid 20s! This should be a nice day on the snow for the family and our club!
- Pre-SnowJam planning. SnowJam is Saturday, Feb. 12th. Talk about all aspects and assign duties. We will be holding our next meeting the week prior to make sure things are buttoned up.
- Trail signing. is 100% complete and was inspected and passed in December! thank you volunteers that got it done!
- Trail Grooming. Snow cover has been strong! We groomed the entire trail system in December, which doesnt happen very often. Unfortunately, blowing and drifting snow has ruined most areas. Our groomer was down for repairs this last week. Hopefully we can get back out later this week. Reports will follow.
- Sponsors. update on list. we are always looking for more!
- Memberships. Please renew your membership if you have not done so! its still only $25/family.
- 501c3 – update on non-profit status
- I-500 challenge ride is starting Jan. 25th. Club members Roger and Wyatt Kram are riding 1973 John Deere snomwobiles 500 miles from Winnipeg to Elk River, MN. you can check it out at www.i-500challenge.com or I-500 Challenge Ride on Facebook! They have raffle tickets benefiting Fargo Memorial Honor Guard at the Fargo National Cemetery that our trail passes right by! Their drawing will be held at SnowJam.
- We still have plenty of club clothing available, we will have it available at SnowJam!
- The ruralcass.org club website has been updated. Between Facebook, e-mails, and the website, we hope to be able to keep recruiting new blood into the club!
I Hope everyone is staying healthy in these crazy times, and I hope to see you all Tuesday!
Jeff Kolnes, club communications director.