Sign pickup scheduled for Sunday, April 28th!
Plan to meet at Hagge’s in Mapleton at 7am. Toby, and the guys from the north loop have completed sign pickup, so we only have the south loop left!. Even if you cannot make it right away in the morning, we would love to have you join up anytime you are available! We should be able to make short work of it if we get some numbers!
- Club meeting was held April 9th at Hagge’s in Mapleton. 18 members present.
- There was more talk of finding permanent club sign storage.Plans have shifted some from last months meeting. Rob, who owns Argusville storage, offered to house a Conex storage container(10×30 or 10×40) on his Argusville property. He also offered to donate half of a container if the club picked up the tab for the other portion. Going forward that sounded like a very strong option. For the time being, the trailer of signs for the north loop will be stored at Brent Haugens, and the trailer for the south loop will be stored at Tim Tigges’.
- Groomer Class. was again discussed that we need more operators and talking with Todd to possibly scheduling a summer class. There were half dozen members that showed interest.
- Trail Sign pickup. was originally scheduled for Easter weekend. with all the flooding, it was moved back a week until Sunday, April 28th.
- it was decided to purchase a couple $100 gift cards for members of the Red River club, that we share the groomer with, for their efforts in groomer maintenance.
- Election of 2019/2020 club officers (listed below)
- 2019/2020 club membership/sponsor drive/trail map. The club grew to 51 paid memberships for the 2018/2019 season. It was suggested to try double that amount for 2019/2020, which would make us the largest club in the state! We will also be out in the early fall promoting the club and working on re-engaging past sponsors. once we get those lined up we will work on putting out a new trail map.
2019/2020 Rural Cass Club officers
Spencer Symington – Club President
Michael Geisen – Vice President
Zach Bohn – Secretary/Treasurer
Tim Tigges – South Loop Trail Coordinator
Toby Bryson/Spencer Symington – North loop Coordinator
Jeff Kolnes – Communications Director.
Brent Haugen – Past President
we would like to thank the past directors of this club for ALL their combined efforts over the years.
Brent Haugen, Troy & Sheila Klevgard, and
Jeff & Joanne Seifert to name a few.
Sunday, March, 10th. Sledding Sunday Funday to the Rural Cass club warming shack located on the North loop of the trail system. Come enjoy a family day on the trails with a Bonfire/Hot Dog roast starting at 1pm. Hope to see you there! Get out and enjoy the snow!
Join us on Tuesday, Feb. 9, at 7 PM for the monthly meeting of the Rural Cass Snowmobile club. The group will meet at Hagge’s Bar and Grill in Mapleton this month.
SnowJam 2016 will be the main topic discussed. With the event happening Feb. 20, we will need to get all our plans in place.
In addition, we’ll be discussing regular club business such as grooming plans and other topics. Hope to see you there !
Rural Cass Snowmobile Club is asking you to renew your club membership for the 2015/2016 snowmobiling season. Please keep in mind that your membership helps keep more than 100 miles of groomed snowmobile trails available in rural Cass County.
If you were a member last year, thank you. We appreciate your help to keep the trails running. If you forgot to renew your membership, this would be a great time to renew it. Here is a link to the membership application.
All Rural Cass Snowmobile Club members are encouraged to meet at 8:30 AM on Saturday, Nov. 21 at Gordy’s in Mapleton to help with snowmobile trail signing. The goal is to get about 35-40 miles done on Saturday.
NDSU Farmhouse Fraternity also will be helping with the signing. Help is needed in both signing and in driving. If you can help, be sure to meet on Saturday morning.
Join the Rural Cass Snowmobile Club for next year (2014-2015 snowmobiling season) while you’re at SnowJam 2014 and get a great deal.
Not only will you get $5 off your club membership (plus all the benefits of being a club member for the remainder of this winter), but you’ll also get 20 extra tickets for chances to win one of the SnowJam 2014 prizes!
To subscribe to Rural Cass Snowmobile Club posts, enter your email address in the box at the top of the right hand column on this page. You will receive notifications of new posts by email.