Sign pickup scheduled for Sunday, April 28th!
Plan to meet at Hagge’s in Mapleton at 7am. Toby, and the guys from the north loop have completed sign pickup, so we only have the south loop left!. Even if you cannot make it right away in the morning, we would love to have you join up anytime you are available! We should be able to make short work of it if we get some numbers!
- Club meeting was held April 9th at Hagge’s in Mapleton. 18 members present.
- There was more talk of finding permanent club sign storage.Plans have shifted some from last months meeting. Rob, who owns Argusville storage, offered to house a Conex storage container(10×30 or 10×40) on his Argusville property. He also offered to donate half of a container if the club picked up the tab for the other portion. Going forward that sounded like a very strong option. For the time being, the trailer of signs for the north loop will be stored at Brent Haugens, and the trailer for the south loop will be stored at Tim Tigges’.
- Groomer Class. was again discussed that we need more operators and talking with Todd to possibly scheduling a summer class. There were half dozen members that showed interest.
- Trail Sign pickup. was originally scheduled for Easter weekend. with all the flooding, it was moved back a week until Sunday, April 28th.
- it was decided to purchase a couple $100 gift cards for members of the Red River club, that we share the groomer with, for their efforts in groomer maintenance.
- Election of 2019/2020 club officers (listed below)
- 2019/2020 club membership/sponsor drive/trail map. The club grew to 51 paid memberships for the 2018/2019 season. It was suggested to try double that amount for 2019/2020, which would make us the largest club in the state! We will also be out in the early fall promoting the club and working on re-engaging past sponsors. once we get those lined up we will work on putting out a new trail map.
2019/2020 Rural Cass Club officers
Spencer Symington – Club President
Michael Geisen – Vice President
Zach Bohn – Secretary/Treasurer
Tim Tigges – South Loop Trail Coordinator
Toby Bryson/Spencer Symington – North loop Coordinator
Jeff Kolnes – Communications Director.
Brent Haugen – Past President
we would like to thank the past directors of this club for ALL their combined efforts over the years.
Brent Haugen, Troy & Sheila Klevgard, and
Jeff & Joanne Seifert to name a few.
Club Meeting, Tuesday, March 12th at Harwood Grill & Saloon. 7pm. Hope to see you there!
Sunday, March, 10th. Sledding Sunday Funday to the Rural Cass club warming shack located on the North loop of the trail system. Come enjoy a family day on the trails with a Bonfire/Hot Dog roast starting at 1pm. Hope to see you there! Get out and enjoy the snow!
Rural Cass Snowmobile Club will meet Tuesday, Jan 10, at 7 PM at the Happy Trails Tavern in Argusville ND to kick off the club’s season.
All snowmobilers in Cass County are invited to attend.
Topics will include grooming plans, as well as other topics that come up at the meeting. We hope to see you there!
Check out the details for the Snowmobile North Dakota State Snowmobile Ride.
Join us on Tuesday, Feb. 9, at 7 PM for the monthly meeting of the Rural Cass Snowmobile club. The group will meet at Hagge’s Bar and Grill in Mapleton this month.
SnowJam 2016 will be the main topic discussed. With the event happening Feb. 20, we will need to get all our plans in place.
In addition, we’ll be discussing regular club business such as grooming plans and other topics. Hope to see you there !
We’ve set the date for SnowJam 2016.
We’ll see you on the snowmobile trails on Saturday, Feb. 20, and then meet back at Hagge’s in Mapleton for some prizes and fun!
Mark your calendars now!