Tuesday, Sept 14, 2021
Happy Trails Tavern/Club Conex container
7:10 PM, President Spencer called the meeting to order.
10 members present. Plus 2 more, including charter member Keith Blixt, paid membership dues.
1) Signs- the members went to the club storage container and went through the signs. Not many are needed for the north loop and what is needed will be made known to Wyatt Kram, club sign coordinator.
2) Wrap/Paint the container – it was decided that a more efficient way would be to have a 5’x10’ sign made to cover the existing writing instead of a wrap/paint.
3) Club “nickname”- quite a few suggestions, but nothing decided. Thought was to ask the public via facebook and see if we get any good ideas then go to a vote.
4) Membership – try to get renewal notices to current/past members. Boost membership on western/southern side of the club is a priority for this season. 3 renewals at the meeting.
5) 501c3 – Going to reach out to Todd Thronson, SND President, on the proper steps to get it set up
6) Trailers – Last year the club had 4 trailers. One sold in the spring, Tim Tigges sold the 2nd trailer for $3k this fall. The club currently has 2 trailers, one for North and one for South Loop.
1) Sponsors – we reviewed the 23 map sponsors and trail sign sponsors. We split them amongst members to reach out for a renewal membership. Discussion of trying to reach out to a large local donor to possibly have their name on a groomer shack.
2) Sno-Jam – Date was set for Feb. 12th at Hagge’s in Mapleton. Nominated by Spencer, 2nd by Brent
3) Meeting dates set. Always 2nd Tuesday of the month
October 12 Harwood Grill
November 9 Davenport Supper Club
December 14 Ringneck Bar, Leonard
January 11 Casselton Vets Club
February 8 Red Baron, Casselton
March 8 Pit 88
April 12 Coaches Corner, Arthur
4) Trail changes. Talk of making a loop into Arthur instead of a deadhead into town. Would only add 1 mile of trail. Discussion on possibly joining the Cattails trail system northwest of Arthur. Would be about 20 extra miles total (being split between the 2 clubs). It would also add Hunter back into the trail system.
5) State Convention. October 29-30, Jamestown, ND. A few members are planning on attending, more the merrier!
6) Family Fun Runs. Scheduled for the 3rd Sunday of the month
7) discussion of setting up a kids promo “learn to ride”
8) Snowgoer Magazine offers clubs to promote membership in their upcoming November magazine. Have our name in a national magazine(circ: 55,000+ snowmobiling households) reinforcing the “join a club” message. The full article and club listings will be repeated on Snowgoer.com for year-round exposure, with promotion also in the Snow Goer e-newsletter that goes to 40,000+ snowmobilers. Cost is $49. Nominated by Spencer, 2nd by Rod. Jeff submitted our club information to Snowgoer
9) I-500 Challenge ride. Club members Roger and Wyatt Kram are planning on recreating the Winnipeg to St. Paul I-500 Jan. 24-29, 2022. This will be a big deal, riding from Winnipeg to Elk River, MN, ending at ERX for the Midwest Ride-In! Which is the largest, and premier, vintage snowmobile event of the season. This year they are celebrating the 50th anniversary of John Deere snowmobiles. Roger and Wyatt will also be raffling off 2 vintage John Deere Snowmobiles at Sno-Jam 2022! Read all about it on their website:https://www.i-500challenge.com/
10) Wheels, Inc. in Fargo is hosting an avalanche class Wednesday, Nov. 10. Matt Entz and Dan Adams will be the athletes speaking/training. Our club was asked to have a table at the event to promote the club, gain memberships, and serve hot dogs/chips. The club will get to keep any proceeds from sales. The event will start around 4. The class starts at 6:30. They are expecting 60-85 people. We will be there!