we are heading to the south side of our trail system for tonights gathering. Meet up at the Davenport Supper Club. Come out and enjoy one the best meals around. meeting starts at 7pm!
Tuesday, Sept 14, 2021
Happy Trails Tavern/Club Conex container
7:10 PM, President Spencer called the meeting to order.
10 members present. Plus 2 more, including charter member Keith Blixt, paid membership dues.
1) Signs- the members went to the club storage container and went through the signs. Not many are needed for the north loop and what is needed will be made known to Wyatt Kram, club sign coordinator.
2) Wrap/Paint the container – it was decided that a more efficient way would be to have a 5’x10’ sign made to cover the existing writing instead of a wrap/paint.
3) Club “nickname”- quite a few suggestions, but nothing decided. Thought was to ask the public via facebook and see if we get any good ideas then go to a vote.
4) Membership – try to get renewal notices to current/past members. Boost membership on western/southern side of the club is a priority for this season. 3 renewals at the meeting.
5) 501c3 – Going to reach out to Todd Thronson, SND President, on the proper steps to get it set up
6) Trailers – Last year the club had 4 trailers. One sold in the spring, Tim Tigges sold the 2nd trailer for $3k this fall. The club currently has 2 trailers, one for North and one for South Loop.
1) Sponsors – we reviewed the 23 map sponsors and trail sign sponsors. We split them amongst members to reach out for a renewal membership. Discussion of trying to reach out to a large local donor to possibly have their name on a groomer shack.
2) Sno-Jam – Date was set for Feb. 12th at Hagge’s in Mapleton. Nominated by Spencer, 2nd by Brent
3) Meeting dates set. Always 2nd Tuesday of the month
October 12 Harwood Grill
November 9 Davenport Supper Club
December 14 Ringneck Bar, Leonard
January 11 Casselton Vets Club
February 8 Red Baron, Casselton
March 8 Pit 88
April 12 Coaches Corner, Arthur
4) Trail changes. Talk of making a loop into Arthur instead of a deadhead into town. Would only add 1 mile of trail. Discussion on possibly joining the Cattails trail system northwest of Arthur. Would be about 20 extra miles total (being split between the 2 clubs). It would also add Hunter back into the trail system.
5) State Convention. October 29-30, Jamestown, ND. A few members are planning on attending, more the merrier!
6) Family Fun Runs. Scheduled for the 3rd Sunday of the month
7) discussion of setting up a kids promo “learn to ride”
8) Snowgoer Magazine offers clubs to promote membership in their upcoming November magazine. Have our name in a national magazine(circ: 55,000+ snowmobiling households) reinforcing the “join a club” message. The full article and club listings will be repeated on Snowgoer.com for year-round exposure, with promotion also in the Snow Goer e-newsletter that goes to 40,000+ snowmobilers. Cost is $49. Nominated by Spencer, 2nd by Rod. Jeff submitted our club information to Snowgoer
9) I-500 Challenge ride. Club members Roger and Wyatt Kram are planning on recreating the Winnipeg to St. Paul I-500 Jan. 24-29, 2022. This will be a big deal, riding from Winnipeg to Elk River, MN, ending at ERX for the Midwest Ride-In! Which is the largest, and premier, vintage snowmobile event of the season. This year they are celebrating the 50th anniversary of John Deere snowmobiles. Roger and Wyatt will also be raffling off 2 vintage John Deere Snowmobiles at Sno-Jam 2022! Read all about it on their website:https://www.i-500challenge.com/
10) Wheels, Inc. in Fargo is hosting an avalanche class Wednesday, Nov. 10. Matt Entz and Dan Adams will be the athletes speaking/training. Our club was asked to have a table at the event to promote the club, gain memberships, and serve hot dogs/chips. The club will get to keep any proceeds from sales. The event will start around 4. The class starts at 6:30. They are expecting 60-85 people. We will be there!
|Fall is in the air! First club meeting of the season! |
Tuesday, September 14th, 7pm
Happy Trails Tavern, Argusville, ND
The Rural Cass Snowmobile Club will hold its first meeting of the season 9/14/2021 at Happy Trails in Argusville, ND. Great Pizza and newly expanded appetizer menu will be available. We will be meeting in the backroom, but will also be out at the clubs Connex Container (located just behind Happy Trails).Meeting is open to the public and anyone interested in snowmobiling or hearing more about the club!
Signs – even after building close to 800 brand new trail signs, and fixing another 600 last season, we plan on replacing/fixing more for this season, so will be getting a count on what we will need before signing the trailConex Container – internal bunks have been built and north loop signs are stored. next step is to get the container wrapped with the club logo and add some crushed concrete or Class 5 Gravel in the low spots for trailer storage.
Membership – we had 61 paid memberships in 20/21(65 in 19/20). We are working on ideas to make renewing memberships a simpler task.
Here is the link for anyone wanting to renew memberships via PayPal.
PayPal Membership Link
Financials – We did a lot of fundraising in 20/21 and sold 2 extra trailers that were no longer needed. even after spending over $3000 on new signs/posts, our club is sitting pretty good.
Fundraising – We will be getting a list of previous sponsors together to get started with this ASAP.
become a Non Profit – Being able to host raffles and possibly gaming would be a nice advantage for our group. To do this, we need to set up our own 501(C)3. In doing research, this process was actually started back in 1995 when the club was formed, but it was never completed. If and when we do get this tax status, we will be the only club in the state to have that designation.
Trail signing breakdown – we have 130 miles of trail. broke into 11 sections. Each section is maintained by one member. This worked out much better than trying to coordinate a group effort to go out and do the entire 130 miles of trail in 1 or 2 days. Each section is 9-16 miles long and is listed on the ruralcass.org website.
Club Mascot/Nickname – over the past few meetings we have tried to come up with Mascot or Nickname to suit our club. We are still trying to decide on something so if you have any clever ideas, please feel free to hit us up!
Vintage Show/Swap – talk of doing a separate vintage show and swap from SnowJam. We are in the preliminary stages at the moment, but there was enough interest to discuss at our next meeting.
Trail expansion – talk of expanding our trail to include more communities. Brent Haugen said SnowmobileND has miles available for expansion if we wanted to pursue it. Talk of going north to Grandin/Hunter, or Chaffee on the southwest side.
Results of Club Officer Elections 4/13/2021. All for 2 year terms
President – Spencer Symington
Vice President – Michael Geisen
Secretary/Treasurer – Zach Bohn
Communications – Jeff Kolnes
South Loop Trail Coordinator – Tim Tigges
North Loop Trail Coordinator – Toby Bryson
Grooming Coordinator – Brent Haugen
Fundraising Coordinator – Rod Clouse
Trail Sign Coordinator – Wyatt Kram
Gaming/non-profit Coordinator – Derryn Heley
Hope to see you at Happy Trails on Tuesday the 14th!!!
Jeff Kolnes, club communications director.
The ruralcass.org club website has been updated. Between Facebook, e-mails, and the website, we hope to be able to keep recruiting new blood into the club!