Mark your calendars now for the annual North Dakota State Snowmobile Ride. The ride will be Saturday, Feb. 16, 2013, in Fordville. It will be hosted by RidgeRunners Snowmobile Club.
Category Archives: SND info
The 34th annual Snowmobile North Dakota convention will be Saturday, Dec. 1, at the Northern Lights Inn, Rugby. The convention will be hosted y the Northern Lights Trail Blazers.
Grooming, Signing and Trail Grubbing classes will be held in the afternoon, while the annual meeting will be held that morning. An avalanche safety session also is planned. The event wraps up with an evening banquet. Check here for a complete schedule of activities.
Rhoda Greenup Scholarship is a scholarship fund established in appreciation of the many years Rhoda Greenup faithfully published SNO-DAK NEWS for Snowmobile North Dakota. The scholarship provides financial assistance to a ND college student who is active in snowmobiling.
1. High school seniors or college students going on to a college of their choice are eligible. A person can only receive the scholarship once.
2. Applicant must have taken the North Dakota Snowmobile Safety Course and whose parents have been members of Snowmobile North Dakota from that time up to the date of application for the scholarship.
3. Entries will not be judged by financial need.
4. The scholarship funds will be paid directly to the college of the student’s choice.
5. Application must be received by April 1, 2012 to Snowmobile North Dakota 1600 E Century Avenue, Suite 3, Bismarck, ND 58503-0649.
6. On a separate sheet of paper write an essay in 500 words or less on the subject “How would you generate excitement for snowmobiling in North Dakota”
7. The Snowmobile North Dakota Scholarship Committee will choose the successful applicant.
More information is available here: http://snowmobilend.org/?id=83&page=Scholarships
Snowmobile North Dakota has launched a new website geared at providing the right information on snowmobile riding and snowmobile trails to those interested in taking advantage of what North Dakota has to offer the snowmobile enthusiast.
Key areas of the site include snowmobile trail conditions, upcoming events, snowmobile safety education and SnoDak News, which is the official publication of Snowmobile North Dakota.
Check out www.snowmobilend.org to see the latest.
The 2010-2011 annual report for Snowmobile North Dakota has been published. This report highlights actions by the SND board of directors over the last year, discusses grooming equipment across the state, and outlines how funding is used by each of the trail associations in ND.
It’s that time of year again, time to renew your membership to the Rural Cass Snowmobile Club. With your club membership, you’ll also automatically be enrolled as a member of Snowmobile North Dakota.
If you enjoy the local groomed snowmobile trails, please support the local snowmobiling club by joining. Click to print membership application.
Snowmobile North Dakota (SND) has scheduled its annual meeting and
convention for Friday, Oct 28 to Sunday, Oct 30 in Minot, ND at the Grand
Internatinoal Inn. The event will be hosted by the Gasmann Coulee Cruisers of
The agenda is included below. Early registration is $50 for adults
and includes some meals. Check the SND website for more details
as they become available.
Friday, October 28
4:00 – 9:00 pm “Fall into Winter Vendor Show”
5:00 – 7:00 pm SND Board Meeting
7:30 – 9:00 pm Fun Walk (must be 21)
9:00 pm Hors d’oeuvres
10:00 pm 2011 Furtle Turtles
Saturday, October 29
9:00 – 11:00 am SND Annual Meeting and Regional Breakouts
9:00 am – 6:00 pm Fall into Winter Vendor Show
12:00 noon Luncheon and Speaker
1:00 – 4:00 pm Swap Meet
1:00 – 5:00 pm Youth Snowmobile Safety Course (12 and older)
1:00 – 2:00 pm Trail Signing Class
2:00 – 3:30 pm Grooming Classes
3:00 – 4:00 pm Grubbing Class
6:00 – 7:00 pm Social and Silent Auction
7:00 pm Banquet
8:30 pm – 12:45 am DJ
Sunday, October 30
9:00 am Breakfast and SND Closing Comments